Rules & Conditions
All entries will be subject to the following conditions.
1. Entries must be made on the prescribed Forms, accompanied by the proper entrance fees, otherwise the Entry will not be accepted and the exhibits will not be allowed.
2. All exhibits must be bona fide property of the exhibitor at the time of entry and there must be no substitution for the animal or article in any class.
3. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to ensure that they have passports/movement sheets/ tags on their animals, all Sheep and Cattle must have their tags visible. Passports may be asked for on the day and microchip may be read.
4. No objection shall be received against Judge’s awards. Any objection or complaint on this or other matters must be made in writing and lodged with the Secretary at the office accompanied by a deposit of €25.00 which may be forfeited should the objection be deemed as frivolous.
5. No animal will be allowed to compete if bearing any mark of ownership and all exhibits, whether for competition or otherwise are shown at exhibitors risk. In no case will the Show Committee accept responsibility. An ordinary initial brand will not disqualify any animal in Cattle or Sheep Classes.
6. All young horses must be bitted including foals and lead by a competent handler. If Bull classes apply, Bulls must be secured by a ring in nose with chain or rope attached. All other cattle must be lead in suitable halters. This rule is strictly enforced.
7. No steward shall attend on the Judge’s or remain in the Ring during the judging of a Class in which he/she is an exhibitor, and no person shall enter the Ring while judging proceeds, except the Judge’s, Stewards and those in charge of animals. The exhibits of owners violating this rule shall be disqualified from receiving a prize.
8. No exhibitor whatever shall in any way communicate with a Judge, or remain in the Ring, or hall during judging of a Class in which he/she is an exhibitor, except in charge of an animal and no person shall enter the Ring while judging proceeds except the Judge’s, Stewards and those in charge of animals. The owners of exhibits violating this rule shall be disqualified from receiving a prize. The term ‘Ring’ to apply to place in which class is being judged.
9. No exhibit shall leave the show yard until 4.00pm or until written permission be obtained from the secretary.
10. The committee reserve the right to alter the programme in any way it deems necessary and exhibitors must be prepared to abide by any regulations laid down.
11. All entries are received subject to these rules, and any exhibitor who violates or ignores them shall forfeit any prize he/she may win and same shall revert to the society.
12. Exhibitors or their servants who do not strictly conform to all conditions and rules, or who disobey the orders of the Show Committee will be immediately dismissed from the premises.
13. Any act of disobedience to the orders of he Stewards or Officials of the Show by any exhibitor or exhibitor’s servants, will render liable to forfeiture of prizes awarded to said exhibitor and the offender will be immediately dismissed from the ground.
14. If stewards of the Show entertain a doubt as to whether any exhibit in the show is not in accordance with the Rules of Erris Agricultural Show, it will be competent of them to bring the matter to the Show Secretary’s Office who will consult with available Show Officers to consider objections, irregularities, etc, or any other matter brought before them.
15. If the Executive Committee be satisfied, after inquiry that anything exhibited be not in accordance with the rules of Erris Agricultural Show, it will be competent of them to there and then decide the question at issue and should any fraudulent practices be detected as affecting the exhibitor in question, all such exhibitor’s prizes, if any, shall lapse forthwith to the Show.
16. Where age is a qualification, it is the duty of the Stewards to refuse entry to the Show Ring any animal that they are satisfied is not of the right age for it’s class, request equine passport, in case of doubt.
17. The winner of first prize in a class will not be eligible to compete in another class at the show, but can compete in championships and classes where rule 17 does not apply.
18. Neither the Show nor any of its officers or servants shall be in any way responsible or accountable for anything that may happen (from any cause of circumstances whatsoever) to exhibitors or their servants. Each exhibitor shall be responsible for any consequential or other loss, injury or damage to or occasioned by or arising from any animal or article exhibited by him/her, and for the description as given in the Catalogue and shall indemnify the Show against all legal or other proceedings thereto.
19. The exhibit will not be allowed to carry rosette while being show in any class, except in the overall champion classes.
20. The committee reserve the right to refuse entries from any competitor.
21. All Perpetual Cups/plaques to be held for one year only.
22. Prizes can be product or monetary for Horses, sheep and cattle.
23. 5% of all prize money in horses, cattle and sheep classes will be deducted to go to I.S.A Championship Fund.
24.In domestic side, all tickets must be securely attached. Exhibits must not be removed from hall until after 4.00pm.
25. All animals must be led/supervised by a competent adult.
26. All dogs on lead in Show field at all times.
27. Entry fees are non-returnable.
28. All entries must be paid for as entered.
29. Points awarded, 1st – 3 points, 2nd – 2 points, 3rd – 1 point.
30. Livestock must not be removed from the showground until 3.00pm or after.
31. Livestock must remain in pens (NOT ON TRAILER) on display.
32. Qualifiers’ prizes will be paid out at the show hosting the final, not at the Erris Agricultural Show
Erris Agricultural Show is a community group and should the Show disband no individual person may benefit from any positive balance. A charity chosen by the elected committee at the time will be the beneficiary of any such balance.